In order to apply for the Inside apprenticeship you:
- Must be 18 years of age at the time of selection.
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- Must have completed one full year of high school Algebra or one post-high school Algebra course.
(College, Adult Continuing Education, Community College, etc.)
- A $25 dollar application fee is required at the time the application is created
Documents you will need to upload are:
Copy of birth certificate
Proof of valid drivers license
Copy of high school diploma or equivalent
Official high school transcripts can be e-mailed to DG@electricaltrainingacademy.org or mailed to 24 Gingersnap Road Portsmouth, OH 45662
Transcripts or completion certificates from any other training (College, Military, etc.)
Individuals with military experience provide a copy of DD-214
Provide proof of any electrical experience (W-2's, check stubs, 1040's, etc.)
References, Letters of Recommendation, Awards (sports, scouts, etc.) (optional)
Along with the application, you must be able to:
- Must attain a qualifying score on the apprenticeship selection aptitude test.
- Must present or sign a statement that he or she is physically able to perform the tasks required by the electrical construction industry. (applicants selected will be required to submit to a physical scheduled by the apprenticeship committee)
- Must pass a drug screening test.
- Must have resided within the committee's jurisdiction* one year prior to making an application.
A good preparation tool would be the Khan Academy Links Below and confirming your knowledge encompassing the following subjects:
Whole Numbers, Fractions, Decimals, Integers, Rational Numbers, Exponents, Algebra Essentials, Equations, Formulas, and Inequalities, Ratios, Rates, and Proportions, The Cartesian Plane, Systems of Equations.
If you weren't successful at getting a qualifying score on the aptitude test or want to brush up on your algebra or reading abilities, click the link above to contact Aspire.